Nine Points of Knightly Virtue
- Good Faith
Knightly Code of Chivalry
- Thou shalt believe all thy church teaches, and observe all its directions.
- Thou shalt defend thy church.
- Thou shalt defend thy King and Queen unto death.
- Thou shalt defend thy country against all whom oppose it, without cessation and without mercy.
- Thou shalt defend that of any charge unto death.
- Thou shalt respect all those whom are weak, the poor and the innocent, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.
- Thou shalt never lie, and shalt remain faithful to thy pledged word.
- Thou shalt never brandish thy weapon in anger, nor for evil purposes.
- Thou shalt perform scrupulosuly thy fuedal duties, if they be not contrary to the laws of god.
- Thou shalt be everywhere and always thy champion of the Right, the Good and the True, and forever the foe of Injustice, Tyranny, and Evil.
- Thou shalt always fight fair and in an honorable fashion.
- Thou shalt be generous and give largesse to everyone.
Knightly Rules for Chivalrous Love
- Thou shalt avoid avarice like the deadly pestilence, and shalt embrace its opposite.
- Thou shalt keep thyself chaste for the sake of her whom thou lovest.
- Thou shalt not knowingly strive to break up a correct love affair that someone else is engaged in.
- Thou shalt not chose for thy love anyone whom a natural sense of shame forbids thee to marry.
- Be mindful completely to avoid falsehood.
- Thou shalt not have many who know of thy love affair.
- Being obedient in all things to the commands of ladies, thou shalt ever strive to ally thyself to the service of Love.
- In giving and receiving love's solaces, let modesty be ever present.
- Thou shalt speak no evil.
- Thou shalt not be a revealer of love affairs.
- Thou shalt be in all things, polite and courteous.
- In practising the solaces of love, thou shalt not exceed the desires of thy lover.