Humanity is spread
over Traykon like a fungus. Even in the areas that are inhospitable to
them, they thrive. This is the nature of man and Traykon has done little
to change that. All humans are pretty much alike. There are
variations in skin tone, hair color, and eye color that are more radical than
the variances of other races. Where other races are divided by
subdivisions in their racial lineage, humans are divided by country and
All Humans have the following racial traits:
- +2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
- Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Humanity unlike other races, is separated by cultural and political lines
where others have racial distinctions. Humans from one kingdom may have a
radically different outlook on life and adventure than those from even a neighboring
kingdom. See Kingdoms for more
information on humanity.
|Two groups of humans are worth mentioning here;
the humans of the Empire and the humans of the Dreaming:
The Humans of The Empire are a subjugated people. Most humans in
this kingdom are Barbarians. The Teligrir rulers keep humans as slave
labor. They are the brute force that provide both entertainment in
the arenas and fodder for conversion into mindless slaves. Humans
who are raised within The Empire know Common and Teligriri. They are
never taught other languages.
The Empire long ago proscribed magic. Some Snow Elf mages and a
few renegade human mages have survived but humans who are found to dabble
in the arcane arts are summarily transformed into mindless servants or
The Dreaming is the land of the Fey. When Traykon was first
formed, an area was set aside for the Fey to life in peace. After
the portals opened, humans wandered into the land of The Dreaming.
The Fey accepted the humans as long as they conformed to the needs of the
land. Some resisted and were banished, those who remained were
Humans of the Dreaming have a few special abilities:
- Low Light Vision 30 ft.
- Long Life Span: Humans of the Dreaming live twice as
- Natural Empathy: Humans of the Dreaming can
"feel" when a natural creature is wounded or in
distress. This doesn't compel them to help the creature, but
most will aid the animal when they can. Consequently, humans of
the Dreaming seldom ever kill anything.
- Spell Use: All Humans can cast Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, and Dancing Lights as if they were a
1st level Sorcerer. This is a supernatural ability that can be
used up to 6 times per day. This ability functions independently of
any sorcerer levels that the Human might take.
Those who were born into The Dreaming will never choose to leave.
If one of the humans of The Dreaming is ever somehow separated from the
lands of the Fey either by being exiled, becoming lost, or being removed,
they will try everything possible to return. It is the driving goal
of these characters to return to the lands they know.